Is your Netgear Extender not connecting to the router? Don’t you worry! We are here to rescue you from this trouble. All you got to do is stick to this page and keep on reading.
The Netgear Extender is usually easy to setup and it connects very easily with the router but at times due to various reasons there occurs problem while New Extender Setup. If you are someone having a trouble setting up your Netgear extender then here is all what you need to do.
First of all, we need to rectify why is that your Netgear Extender is not being setup correctly and connecting to router. There are various reasons which could be behind this, here we have listed them.
- Netgear extender setup not properly
- Loose Wires and connections
- No Internet Connectivity
- Partial extender reset required
- Improper configuration of the WiFi Router you are trying to connect your extender with.
- Wrong Placement of Netgear Extender
- Orange Light blinking on the Netgear Extender
Here are all the possible reasons which could be behind your Netgear extender setup not connecting to your WiFi Router.
Now, that we know the reasons let’s get to know how to fix them up via mywifiext
Here’s how to Troubleshoot Netgear Extender which is not connecting to router:
So we are here listing solutions in the hierarchy of basic to advance. First you could try the basic ones if they don’t work then move forward to the advance ones.
Solution 1: Cross-Check the Basic Things
– Is the router placed in the same room or within a very close radius of extender.
– Are the LED Lights on your extender stable and not blinking? They ought to be stable.
– The hardware of Netgear Extender should not be faulty.
– The power supply to router and extender is continuous and stable and not fluctuating.
Solution 2: Optimal Placement for Extender
Placement matters a lot when it comes to good connectivity of extender to router. It is highly recommended that extender should be kept somewhere close to router. Or if you are multiple devices then it should be kept at a central location. Here are a few things you might consider while choosing a place for your extender:-