Netgear EX8000 Wifi Range Extender – The range of wifi extenders to facilitate the reach of wireless wifi signals in the whole space. With the bandwidth of 5GHz and high speed of 1.7 Gbps is designed to extend the wifi range when connected to your current wifi network.
Netgear Ex8000 Manual – The manual is provided with every product you buy which has all the necessary details and steps for the setup and installation of the wifi extender Netgear Ex8000 from starting to the end of the procedure. By following each step carefully you can start working with your extender within few minutes. If you find any difficulty in understanding the instructions in the manual you can always call the team of expert and skilled professionals on our customer support number where you will get the step by step assistance from the staff.
Configuration of the wifi extender Netgear Ex8000 – The technology of the extender provides with the high speed Wi-Fi connection when connected to the wireless wifi network. There are very simple and easy set of instructions to follow for the setup and the installation.
- Connect your device whether PC or the mobile device with the Ex8000 wifi extender.
- On your device open the various compatible web browsers whether Firefox, Google Chrome or Internet Explorer.
- Type or paste the link of mywifiextnet.net on the address bar of the browser.
- A window appears asking for the credentials. Enter your correct username and password before going on the next step.
- You will be directed to the Netgear Genie Page where you will see the option of ‘Do more’ and then click on the option of ‘Fast Lane’.
- After doing the above step you will see two options appearing on the screen asking for the bandwidth you WAN to choose. The bandwidths will be 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz, which means till what range do you want your extender to extend the range of wifi signals.
- Click the option according to your need of extending the wifi signals which also depends on your area.
- After selecting the bandwidth click on the save button to save your changes.
In case you find any difficulty or get confused and stuck at any step you can feel free to call on the customer service number to resolve the wifi issue with the experts.
Using the Netgear Installation Assistant
- Turn on the wifi extender Ex8000 and place near the wifi router
- Plug the extender into the electrical socket and charge it till you see the green light glowing on the LED display.
- In case you do not see any green light glowing at the power LED then press the power button on the back of extender.
- After you see the green light glowing you need to connect the computer or the wireless device on which you want the wifi connection. This connection can be build up either by Wifi connection or the Ethernet.
Wi-Fi: On your PC or your device open the wifi connection manager. In the connection manager you can see list of wireless wifi networks. Choose the wifi network you want to extend with Ex8000 and connect it with the device. The glowing white LED confirms that the connection is built between the extender and the wireless wifi.
Ethernet: On the backside of the extender you will see the Ethernet port. To connect your device you need a Ethernet cable which will connect your Pc with the extender through the Ethernet port. To begin with the Ethernet connection you need to follow the following steps.
- Open the web browser on your PC or your device. There are various web browsers like Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer where you can open the website www.mywifiexttnet.net and you will see the Netgear Installation assistant.
- There will be various steps guiding you for connecting the extender and the device or the PC.
- After the connection is established you need to place the extender at the appropriate location. The extender can be placed in the area between the area of weak wifi signals and the wifi router or it can be placed near the wifi router.
- The red LED blinking on the extender is the sign of the weak strength of wifi signals. So in order to develop a strong connection between the router and the area of weak wifi strength place the extender closer to the wifi router.
- If you have found the ideal and best location for your extender you can connect your devices to the wifi extender Ex8000.
Using WPS button for the Setup: The setup process of the wifi extender is an easy procedure which can be done following a few easy steps.
- For the setup plug in the extender in the electrical socket and power on the extender to begin with the setup process. The blinking of the green LED light on the extender means the wifi extender has successfully turned on.
- If the extender does not get turned on press the power button on the back of the extender.
- After turning on the extender press the WPS button for the setup. Both on the extender and the wifi router.
- The connection between the extender and the wifi router will instantly establish and the white light on the extender indicates that strong connection is built between the extender and the router.
- After building the connection find and fix the place for wifi extender. Place the extender in the area where you are getting strong wifi signals in your dead zones i.e. area of weak wifi signals. Trying keeping the extender midway between the wifi router and the dead zone.
- Connect the devices and PC in the dead zones with the extended network. The bandwidth of the wifi extender will be same as the bandwidth you had set for the wifi router.
The extender has the bandwidth of 5 GHz and if your router does not support this bandwidth then it may result in problems during the setup of the extender. If you face such problem try using the instructions for the ‘Setup using WPS button’ and if you still face any kind of problem in the setup call on the customer care helpline to save yourself from the extender setup trouble.
Common issues of wifi extender
- Incorrect credentials like wrong ;username and wrong password
- You forgot the password
- The website is not working or the server is down
- The extender is not getting connect with the wifi network
- The genie app of Netgear does not open
- The setup is done but cannot update the extender
- The extender is not working
- The internet signals of the wifi are weak
- The internet speed is slow or id dropping continuously
- The website mywifiextnet.net is slow
- The website mywifiextnet.net is not working
- The extender is not detecting the wifi signals
All the issues regarding the wifi extender can be fixed in no time by calling to the customer support number and get all your problems fixed
Update Netgear Extender Firmware
The wifi extender gets out of date after some time and needs to be update. The company makes sure to make the new version bug free and easier for its customers. The update of the wifi extender is updated in the hard drive . The latest version of firmware makes sure that the extender runs smoothly with the good speed so that there is no problem while using the extender. So make sure to update your extender time to time to enjoy the best features.
- Turn on your wifi extender and connect your device PC or the smart phone with the network of wifi extender.
- After connecting open the website mywifiextnet.net on the web browsers like Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer etc.
- Log in to the wifi extender with the correct credentials and enter your account.
- To upgrade click on the settings menu and click on the option of Firmware Upgrade
- Click on the check button after clicking on the upgrade and your new version of the firmware is ready.
Troubleshooting Netgear Ex8000 Setup issues
- Make sure the extender is connected to the socket properly and receiving proper electrical supply
- Make sure that the socket is not damaged or is not short circuit to which the extender is attached.
- Connect your device or the PC to the high speed internet
- For the best wifi signals from the extender keep it about 8cm away from the corners of the rooms, walls and pillar and from the sources like microwaves, fish tanks etc so as there are no obstructions
- Check the URL when typing the website mywifiexttnet.net in the address bar of the browser
- Use the latest version available of the extender setup and also the latest version of web browser when opening the website
- Always upgrade the Netgear Firmware version on the extender for smooth working
- In case the connection is not established with the extender then reset the extender to the factory default settings
In case you face any issues with the setup you can always call and ask on the customer care executive number and you will be helped in resolving the issues an setting up the wifi extender.