Netgear EX7000 setup
Netgear EX7000 Setup as a wireless range extender to boost the range of your existing wireless network.
To configure your Netgear EX7000 as a wireless range extender:
- Connect your computer to the EX7000 via wired or wireless connection.Wired: Use an Ethernet cable to connect your computer to one of the available Ethernet ports of the EX7000.
Wireless: Use your Wi-Fi network manager on your wireless computer or any Wi-Fi device to connect to NETGEAR EX7000 SETUP Wi-Fi network.
- Once connected, the Device to Extender LED will turn to solid green.
- Open an internet browser such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
- Enter www.mywifiext.net in the address bar.
- Click NEW EXTENDER SETUP.
- Complete the Extender Setup screen and click NEXT.Note: This account is for your EX7000’s GUI username and password and for password recovery.
- Select WiFi Range Extender.
- Select your Wi-Fi network that you wish to extend and click Next.
Note. If your router does not support the 5Ghz band, please uncheck the 5Ghz option .
- Enter your network key or passphrase and click Next.
- You can change the SSID and passphrase of your Wi-Fi Range Extender or just use the same existing network password. Click Next to save the settings.
- After saving the settings, connect your wireless devices to the EX7000 SSID before clicking Continue.
- The extender is now successfully connected to your existing Wi-Fi network. Click Next to proceed.
- Fill out the product registration form to have access to product support, software update notifications and information on new products. After accomplishing the form, click Finish.Note: If your device is already registered or if you wish to do it later, you can click Skip Registration.
Your Netgear EX7000 Setup is now properly configured as a Wi-Fi range extender.
You can also use its Ethernet ports to connect your wired devices such as gaming consoles, Smart TV, or desktop computers.